History

1957

The Institute of Machine Study of the Academy of Sciences of the BSSR was established   by the Resolution of the Council of Ministers of the BSSR dated August 17, 1957 № 528

1971

Experimental Research Institute of Mechanical Engineering affiliated the Academy of Sciences of the BSSR by the Resolution of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of Belarus, of the Council of Ministers of the BSSR dated July 30, 1971 № 235

The Institute was renamed into the Institute of reliability and durability of machines of BSSR by Resolution of the Presidium of the National Academy of Sciences of Belarus dated October 19, 1971 № 17

1991

The Institute of Machines Reliability and Fatigue of the Academy of Sciences of the BSSR was renamed into the Institute of Machines Reliability of the Academy of Sciences of the BSSR

2002

The Institute of Machines Mechanics of the National Academy of Sciences of Belarus and the Institute of Machines Reliability of the National Academy of Sciences of Belarus were reorganized by way of merger into the Institute of Mechanics and Reliability of Machines of the National Academy of Sciences of Belarus

2006

he Institute of Mechanics and Reliability of Machines of the National Academy of Sciences of Belarus was reorganized in the form of annexation to it the Scientific and Engineering Republican Unitary Enterprise “Belavtotractorostroyeniye” and renamed into the Joint Institute of Mechanical Engineering of the National Academy of Sciences of Belarus by the Resolution of the Presidium of the National Academy of Sciences of Belarus dated May 17, 2006 № 45

Read more...

Activities

in basic and applied research:

  • engineering science, mechanics, reliability and safety of machines and technical systems;
  • the theory of design, mechatronic systems of machines and mechanism;
  • new composite, polymer, metal materials; nano- and microstructure materials;
  • friction and wear in machines, management structure and surface properties, including at the nanoscopic level.

Read more...

General Information

The State Scientific Institution “The Joint Institute of Mechanical Engineering of the National Academy of Sciences of Belarus” (further – the Joint Institute of Mechanical Engineering of the NAS of Belarus) was established by the Resolution of the Presidium of the National Academy of Sciences of Belarus dated May 17, 2006 № 45 as a result of reorganization of the Institute of Mechanics and Reliability of Machines of the National Academy of Sciences of Belarus in the form of annexation to it the Scientific and Engineering Republican Unitary Enterprise “Belavtotractorostroyeniye”.

August 17, 1957 is considered to be the day of establishment of the Joint Institute of Mechanical Engineering of the NAS of Belarus when by decision of the Council of Ministers of the BSSR the Institute of Machine Study of the Academy of Sciences of the BSSR was founded.

Read more...

Сontacts

12 Akademicheskaya str., 220072
Minsk, Republic of Belarus

Phone: +375 (17) 210 07 49
Fax: +375 (17) 284 02 41
e-mail: bats@ncpmm.bas-net.by