The State Scientific Institution “The Joint Institute of Mechanical Engineering of the National Academy of Sciences of Belarus” (further – the Joint Institute of Mechanical Engineering of the NAS of Belarus) was established by the Resolution of the Presidium of the National Academy of Sciences of Belarus dated May 17, 2006 № 45 as a result of reorganization of the Institute of Mechanics and Reliability of Machines of the National Academy of Sciences of Belarus in the form of annexation to it the Scientific and Engineering Republican Unitary Enterprise “Belavtotractorostroyeniye”.
August 17, 1957 is considered to be the day of establishment of the Joint Institute of Mechanical Engineering of the NAS of Belarus when by decision of the Council of Ministers of the BSSR the Institute of Machine Study of the Academy of Sciences of the BSSR was founded.
The Joint Institute of Mechanical Engineering of the NAS of Belarus is the leading research center of machine science and resource of science and practice interaction.
Three centers of collective sharing are functioning by it: the Republican Computer Center of Mechanical Engineering, the Center of Structural Research and Tribo-Mechanical Testing of Materials and Mechanical Engineering Products, the industry laboratory for research, design and testing of electric vehicles and basic components of the electric drive, as well as The Republican Proving Ground for Mobile Machines Testing and Certification Authority “AСADEM-SERT”.
Currently, there are two corresponding members, 17 D. Sc. and 27 Ph. D. among the researchers.
ул. Академическая, 12, 220072,
г. Минск, Республика Беларусь
телефон: +375 (17) 370 07 49
факс: +375 (17) 366 02 41